Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP426FDN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot get these printers to install on Win 10 64 computers via USB. I have tried:

• Reformatting and reinstalling Windows 10 64 pro
  • Installing the software before anything else
  • Installing from the CD that came with it
  • Installing from latest package software at the web site (modern 16119)
  • Installing by using "Run As Administrator"
  • Installing as Administrator, the formal account
  • Before and after installing Symantec Endpoint
  • Disabling OCR and non-essential softwares (in the installer)

The only way I can get this to work without it timing out with an error is to put it on a network.

The exact error message I have now gotten with three of these printers on four different Windows 10 Pro (three HP and one Dell) is:

"An install operation took too long to execute. This is a fatal error preventing product use. Please restart your computer and run this problem again. If the problem persists, please check the products support web site for your product."

We have over 50 HP LaserJet Pro and OfficeJet Pro and even half a dozen of the new MFP225's, and I have never had this type of problem with an HP (or any other printer timing out during the factory software install)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.