05-29-2018 12:36 PM
My HP Envy 4500 printer can not find my wifi. What can i do to find it?
05-30-2018 06:20 PM
Thanks for posting. It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!
I understand that you are unable to connect your printer to wireless connection.
However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,
- Did you do any changes to the printer?
- Are you getting any error message while trying to print?
Perform a power reset
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector and printer.
- Turn on the printer.
Restart the router and the printer.
If the issue persists, restore network settings to default settings.
1. Press the Wireless button to access the Wireless Status menu.
2. Press the button next to Settings to access the Wireless Settings menu.
3. Select Restore Defaults.
4. Confirm selection to restore defaults.
Run wireless setup wizard on the printer to connect the printer to wireless connection.
1. Press the Wireless button from the printer control panel, and then select Settings.
2. Scroll to select Wireless Setup Wizard, and then press OK.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the wireless connection.
Let me know if that helps.
I am an HP Employee