Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
officejet 4500 desktop
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am trying to get my Officejet 4500 desktop to be visible across my wifi network. So far I have tried connecting the USB cable directly to the wireless router but nothing seems to see the printer connect to the hub.

I looked a the printer's menus. I don't see any kind of network settings.

Any ideas ?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@rseedle

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please reset the Network Settings

• Press Setup. Press an arrow button to move to Network, and then press OK. • Press an arrow button to move to Reset Wireless, and then press OK

Then run the wireless setup wizard again

1. On the device control panel, press the Setup button.

2. Press an arrow button to move to Wireless Menu, and then press OK.

3 Press an arrow button to move to Setup Wizard, and then press OK.

4. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Windows 7 does not see the printer if I try to "add a device" in the control panel

(If I connect the printer's USB cable to my wireless router).

The printer itself has no network setup item or wireless setup option. 

Any other ideas ?

HP Recommended

@rseedle

Please connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable. Then download the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-4500-all-in-one-printer-series-k710/41... and follow the onscreen instructions

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

The printer does not have a network menu item or a wireles menu item.

HP Recommended

@rseedle

Since the printer does not have the network or wireless menu, then you need to go through the printer software to connect your printer to your wireless network

Please follow the instructions on page 202 in the User Guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01991014  with the header " To set up wireless communication using the installer (Windows)" 

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.