Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DJ 4530
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Greetings!

I am missing an option to configure grayscale printing.

I have already checked advanced settings of printing preferences. There is no grayscale or black settings, as it should be according to another forum thread i found around here before. 

Under printer features i have the following:

• Pages per sheet Layout: Right then down
  • Print in Max DPi: No
  • Booklet: None
  • Pages to Print: Print All Pages
  • Bordeless Printing: Off And no way to cofigure printing color. Help please?
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @Watar, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you have issues selecting color or grey scale printing from your printer.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Have you tried checking with a different ink cartridge?

As you mentioned you have issues selecting color or grey scale printing from your printer.

Try the steps recommended below.

In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.

Select your HP printer.

Select Uninstall.

In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.

In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

Click on Drivers tab.

Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.

Select OK.

Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

Close Devices and Printers.

Update the full feature printer software using this link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL63180/mp-152044-2/DJ4530_Full_WebPack_40.11.1122.exe

Also, try the steps recommended below.

Go to Control Panel > Devices and Printers

Right-click your printer and click "Set as default printer."

When a window pops just click "Ok."
Under Devices and Printers, right-click your printer and the "Set as default printer" must now be automatically checked. 
Check the Printing Preferences  > Paper/ Quality tab again (Devices and Printer > right-click your printer > Printing Preferences > Paper/Quality tab) and the Color option for B/W and Colored printing should now be there.

Go to devices and printers and right click under printer properties then go to device settings and go almost all the way down to device type an change to color and save the change then go to printer preferences and in the color tab make sure the option print in grayscale it's not checked.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if it helps!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Its not at all working, I did the whole procedure for 3 hr and now it does not work. I installed 4 times and several Installation failures  and then it got connected it wireless but now it does the same thing.

There was an option in settings to put to greyscale or colour.

Please do not remove essential features and give a round about solution.

But my concern right now is this does not work 

HP Recommended

@vrsrikrishna, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Run HP Print and Scan doctor to rectify any driver issues, click here to download the same.

Once downloaded, run the file and select 'Fix printing'.

Try to print. If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

If re-installing HP Full-featured drivers did not help, try installing Windows built-in drivers.

Refer to this document to know how.

For more info on print settings, refer to this document.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.