Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
8600 Officejet Pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently changed service providers and need to setup my wireless printer on the new network but I cant access the settings to do so as it keeps on coming back to "feature has been locked by your system admin or the person who setup your printer"  Help Please!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @kcjaydee,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are trying to change the wireless settings on your Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer. I can help you with that.

I am going to send you directions outlining how to perform a factory reset on your printer. If you check your forum inbox you should see a message shortly.

Please let me know if this resolves your issues. If it does, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey @kcjaydee,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are trying to change the wireless settings on your Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer. I can help you with that.

I am going to send you directions outlining how to perform a factory reset on your printer. If you check your forum inbox you should see a message shortly.

Please let me know if this resolves your issues. If it does, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I want to express my sincere appreciation for your help in this matter. Your information was clear and exactly what was neccessary to fix the issue. What had been a problem for the last 3 weeks with many frustrating hours on the phone with other service providers you resolved with one email. Thanks Again!!!

KcJayDee

HP Recommended

I recently changed service providers and need to setup my wireless printer on the new network but I cant access the settings to do so as it keeps on coming back to "feature has been locked by your system admin or the person who setup your printer"  Help Please!!

I have this same problem, can you send me the reset info too?

THanks,

Jason

HP Recommended

Will someone forward the solution to my problem. 8600 plus has sprint lock out, saying lockout by admin. Thankyou

HP Recommended

I had to install a new router, and can't get the printer to connect to the new router. All wireless is locked by the adminstrator. How do I get to the settings.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.