Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
officejet pro 8600 plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody.

I have an officejet pro 8600 plus.

I am using after market cartridges from 'Office World'

All of the catrideges, and subsequent cartridges fail power on self test with error message;

"one or more cartridges appear to be damaged"

and

"remove them and replace with new cartridges.

I have cleaned the printhead, by physically taking it apart and cleaning all contacts. - no change to error

I have factory reset 8600 - no change to error

I believe now that this is a firmware issue, concerning the security of cartridge(s), ie non hp branded are not allwed.

I have updated to latest firmware level - V1829A from August 3 2018, as I believe that the issue is adressed by latest firmware level, unfortunately my 8600 is not in the list as an affected printer. - no change to error

I cannot find an older firmware version to downgrade to

I cant possibly be the only person with this problem, has anybody else seen/fixed this problem?

Please advise

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.