09-27-2017 01:25 PM
error code 0x1df9e08 caused a fault protection
exception code 0xe06d7363
the appication property sheet page mey not function properly
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-28-2017 01:52 PM
Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums.
I understand that you have an HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer. I read that the printing preferences will not open for the printer and the printer prints in black only. However, the test pages print in color. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.
To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Though the test page prints fine. Still is the printer able to make a photocopy in color? If yes then it indicates that the printer's hardware is alright.
Secondly, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. This is a free tool for Windows to help resolve issues with the printer drivers.
If the issue persists then let us uninstall the printer drivers from the root level and then reinstall them. The following steps will help:
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties window.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- You may download and install the drivers from this link.
I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please let me know how it goes. Good luck! 🙂
07-17-2018 01:19 PM
Nearly one year on from the above posts this issue as described has not been resolved. I have installed the basic software (which is all I need) and can only print in b/w.
Is the above solution applicable to the basic software download link.
07-18-2018 06:04 PM
Thanks for posting. It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!
I understand that you are unable to print in color, I would like to assist you.
However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,
- Which operating system is installed on the computer to which this printer is connected?
Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.
I am an HP Employee
07-19-2018 12:15 AM
Thanks for your contact.
A few hours ago I got a solution via HP Norway from a very helpful female technician. It involved setting up a second Envy 4525 printer driver (shows up in Printers as 4525 in addition to the 'real' one 4525 Network) on my HP pc, locking it to a manual IP on my wifi router. I don't fully understand what we did in the rather lengthy process but it worked for my Windows 10. Hoping that such will continue ...
Just perhaps this is an issue experienced by more HP printer users. Since you are an HP employee, you could likely get the solution detail from HP and publish it on this forum ... without the personal detail of cause. Perhaps it would be of assistance to others.
07-19-2018 02:13 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I appreciate your time and effort.
Good to know that issue is resolved.
Feel free to contact us in future if you need any assistance.
Please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same post a Kudos for my efforts to help.
I am an HP Employee