Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 print, fax, scan, copy, wifi
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, the display screen is hard to read.  I just guess at what I'm hitting because the contrast on the words is gone.  Any ideas?  I haven't changed anything on the computer or the printer recently.  Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

With the power on, unplug the unit from the wall outlet.  Wait 10 mins.  Plug the unit back into the wall outlet not using any power strip or surge protector.  Power the unit up if it does not.  Status now?

Do this 3-4 times.  If the same error occurs, your printer needs service.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

With the power on, unplug the unit from the wall outlet.  Wait 10 mins.  Plug the unit back into the wall outlet not using any power strip or surge protector.  Power the unit up if it does not.  Status now?

Do this 3-4 times.  If the same error occurs, your printer needs service.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much.  It worked on the first try!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.