04-19-2019 03:42 PM
My printer keeps going offline and my laptop suddenly can't recognize it. If I reboot the printer and the router, I can get it to print whatever is already in the queue.
04-20-2019 08:18 AM
Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support community!
- The WiFi router that you have is that a dual-band router having 2.4GHz and 5Ghz? If yes, do they have the same name?
- What is the make and model of your router?
Let's try these steps:
Step 1: Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer.
- If your printer is not listed, turn it on and click Retry.
- If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in the tool.
- This tool will try to automatically resolve the issue
- If the issue persists, proceed to the next step
Step 2: Update the printer firmware
- Refer to this link to update the printer firmware.
- If the issue persists after the update, proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Disable the IPv6 feature on the printer.
- On the printer control panel, swipe the screen from right to left to access the setup menu.
- Go To Network Set Up > Wireless Settings > Advanced settings > IPv6 > Turn off IPv6
Also, check if there are any updates available for the Router and update it.
Let me know if this information helps.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.
I am an HP Employee