12-05-2019 07:33 AM
my hp printer is not showing up on my pc. it says the app is being prevented from downloading it. the administrator is in control. how do I tell the administrator to allow it?
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-07-2019 02:42 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Follow the below steps to fix this issue:
- Go to your Start menu and under the 'search programs and files' box type CMD.
- CMD will populate as a search option above, just right click on it and 'run as administrator'.
- Once CMD (Command Prompt) opens, type net user administrator /active:yes and hit enter.
- Next, close CMD and restart your computer.
- When your computer comes on log into the new account that should show. It will be called Administrator and will not have a password on it.
- If your computer automatically logs into your account after the restart then go to your start menu and click the arrow beside 'shutdown' and choose 'switch user'. Now log into the Administrator account we just unlocked.
- Under the Administrator account, install the printer software.
- Test the printer.
- To turn off the Admin account start back at step 1 and type in net user administrator /active:no.
If you are still having this issue, it may be the User Profile. Create a new User and try installing the printer on that Account.
- Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety (or clicking User Accounts, if you are connected to a network domain), and then clicking User Accounts.
- Click Manage another account.
- Click Create a new account.
- Install the printer on that account.
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee