Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp 4625
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

the printer wont work. it displays text "turn power off t"

pressing switches doesnt help

i unplugged printer, turned on again after an hour-still showing same problem

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @eygg,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP support forums. A very good day to you. 🙂 I understand that you require assistance regarding issues with the printer, as the cartridges don’t seem to work well. It will be a delight to help you. 🙂

Great troubleshooting, superb description and splendid analysis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 You are a valued Hp customer and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Have you bypassed power strips and connected the printer directly to the wall outlet?
  • Did it happen after a power outage or power surge?

It looks like a hardware issue with the printer. Please perform a hard reset on the printer by following these steps:

In some cases, removing the ink cartridges and resetting the printer can clear the error message.

• Turn on the printer.
  • Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
  • Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.

• Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  • Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  • The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
  • Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
  • Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
  • If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
  • If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the rear of the printer.
  • Try to print.

If this fails, please contact HP phone support to get the printer replaced or upgraded.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty

Please keep me posted. I will keep a watch for your reply.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.