Sbez1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer won't print

HP DeskJet 2600 All-In-One series
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi. I have had my Hp printer for a few months now and i was not using is much... But i recently wanted to print some documents and it won't print... It won't even print a status page. Every page is just a black page. Yesterday I tried to print a document but it came out faded and in a light blueish color. 

Can anyone help me with this please? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4,851 4,836 365 385
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer won't print

@Sbez1, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Not using the printer for long would have caused the ink cartridges to dry up. We may have to isolate the issue first, let us try some basic troubleshooting steps-

Use the HP Printer Assistant to print a Print Quality Diagnostic page in Windows.

1. Load plain paper into the input tray.

2. Search Windows for your printer model name, and then click the printer name in the list of results.

HP Printer Assistant opens.

3. Click Print & Scan, and then click Maintain Your Printer.

The printer toolbox opens.

4. On the Device Services tab, click Print Quality Diagnostics Page.

A Print Quality Diagnostic page prints.

Figure: Print Quality Diagnostic page without defects

Example of a Print Quality Diagnostic page without defects

If the test report is faded or has missing colors, follow the steps from the document HP DeskJet 2600 Printers - Fixing Poor Print Quality

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation