Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Desc Jet 3636

I have problem with printer, i can't print my stuffs, becosue my printet not recogsine a size, it just print in small format, i change a settings for printing in normal format, but still not wokr, and i put a point on my printer, to print a information but is alsow not work.  in setting is 5x7 but i want to change to print in fomrat A4 and i cant do it. what shuld i do ?  and when i can find some information? plise help 😉 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@marcie93

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP DeskJet 3636 printer. I understand that you are getting paper mismatch issue and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Reset the printer.

• Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
  • Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  • Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  • The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
  • Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Click here and follow these steps if you are using windows OS.

Click here if you are using Mac OS.

Let me know how it goes.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did it many times and still not work. 😞 What now? Because scanner and others stuffs in this printer work good, except printing in format A4. thanks for any help in this 😉  

HP Recommended

@marcie93

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I would need few details to assist you better on this.

• Which operating system is installed on the computer?
  • How is the printer connected to computer.(wired or wireless)?

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The operating system is Windows 2007and the printer is  connected to computer by wired ( USB port ) 🙂

HP Recommended

@marcie93

Thanks for the reply.

• Please update the printer driver and firmware.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the HP software.
  • Click here and follow the document to know how to update the driver.

Let me know how you make out.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Cheers!

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the replay, but is still not work, and did all this things and like said, everything's work expect print in this format 😞

HP Recommended

@marcie93

Thanks for the super quick reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

I request you to contact HP Phone support for further assistance on this.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.