Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My HP P2015d printer linked to my new 64bit Windows7 PC prints random pages containing "GET /DevMgmt/DiscoveryTree.xml HTTP/1.1
Host: 127.0.0.1:8080"  How do I stop this?

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

I have a P2055d and have the same problem. It seems that it has to do with installing the printer on a computer with Windows7. I have read messages from many other HP users about this problem. I hope to find a solution here too. I think HP should provide us with an answer.

HP Recommended

You prevent these unwanted messages by clicking on your printer properties, going to "Device Settings", opening the "Installable Options" sub heading and Clicking "printer Status Notification" to "Disabled".  I think that this is a workaround rather than  solving the root cause of the problem which is in the HP driver.  I have since changed my P2015d for a P2055dn, because HP, with £80 cash back, are selling them for less than a 6,500 page toner cartridge.  That has allowed me to connect the printer to my router with a network cable, rather than to my PC with a USB connection.  Interestingly the CD  provided with my spanking new printer (3/10/11)would not load onto my 64 bit Windows 7 PC.  I had to download the PCL6 driver from the HP website.  It all now works a dream.  It has even solved the problem I had not being able to print when my HP iPAQ was connected via my USB to my PC.  There are an awful lot of problems with HP printer drivers, but when they work, they work well.  Good Luck.  Any offers for a 5 year old HP P2015d??

HP Recommended

Yes! This indeed seems to do the trick. What I hate is that it cost me two days and before that money to my computer administrator who couldn't solve it (not duplexing in Windows7 and the unwanted printed pages). I wish I could send an invoice to HP to cover all of that loss of work and money for something they should have posted in a FAQ on the site, easy to find and without having to fight with the telephone helpdesk where they want me to pay for their advice because the guarantee on the printer has expired. I am pretty mad!

HP Recommended

what do i need to do to fix this message- GET /DevMgmt/DiscoveryTree......" problems

HP Recommended

Hi everybody,

after having installed your HP P2055d (maybe this also works for other printers in that line) on a computer with Windows 7 I had the following problems:

• double sided printing (duplexing) didn't work
  • I got unwanted pages printed with text "Get/DevMgmt/Discovery Tree..."

To get the double sided printing back go to the drivers page for your printer on the HP website. Scroll all the way down. Somewhere there is a programme to download that says "total solution". That is the software that you want to download. So it is not a driver, but a software programme. Install that and the printer functions as it should. To get rid of the unwanted printed pages: go to "Device Settings", opening the "Installable Options" sub heading and Clicking "printer Status Notification" to "Disabled". Like someone else already posted. (Thanks by the way!) It seems the community is doing HP's work...

HP Recommended

hp color laserjet cp5225 prints unnecessary pages with get/devmgmt/discovery........

HP Recommended

I cannot find the "total solution" software can you give more info on this?

HP Recommended

Hi, I am sorry, but I used the word "total" where it should have been "full". If you go to http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=nl&cc=nl&prodNameId=3662055... you have to choose for 32 bit or 64 bit. Once you have made that choice you get to similar pages for software downloads. If you scroll right to the bottom of the page, the last pink chapter is "Software - Universal Print Driver". Just above that you will find the "full solutions" software for the various parts of the world. Hope I have done HP's work well again... hope you will get it right. I am very satisfied, since i installed it I have had no more problems. Success!

HP Recommended

Re: "GET /DevMgmt/DiscoveryTree......" problem

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.