Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 6968
Microsoft Windows Vista

I've downloaded and installed what HP calls the "Basic Driver" [OJ6960__Basicx86_1979.exe] for my OfficeJet Pro 6968.

HP indicates:  "This basic feature software solution is a driver-only software solution intended for customers who only want a basic driver to use with their HP printer. If you want the full feature software solution, it is available as a separate download named “HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 All-in-One series Full Software Solution”.

I'd really like to get the "full feature software solution", but can't find it on the HP site. 

Maybe it is not compatible with Vista 32-bit so when my OS is detected, HP "hides" it from me.

Or maybe I'm bad at playing "hide and seek"! :Wink:

- I'd appreciate it if someone can confirm if it is Vista 32-bit compatible or not.

- If it is compatible, I'd really appreciate it if someone could lead me to it.

Thanks,

Marty

HP Pavilion Vista 32-bit, OfficeJet Pro 6968

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

There is only Basic Software available for the   Vista 32bit .  You can install that and it should be able to print.

Can you try this standalone scan software and let us know if that works?

HP Scan Extended

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Some scanning resources for you:

Scanning for Dummies

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

There is only Basic Software available for the   Vista 32bit .  You can install that and it should be able to print.

Can you try this standalone scan software and let us know if that works?

HP Scan Extended

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Some scanning resources for you:

Scanning for Dummies

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

greenturtle, Thanks for the reply:

"There is only Basic Software available for the  Vista 32bit .  You can install that and it should be able to print."

You've saved me some time and frustration! :generic:

Fortunately, the Basic software seems to provide ALL the major functions from the computer. I can Print, Copy, Scan and Fax using the Printer Assistant that loaded onto the computer with the basic software.

I can't scan from the Control Panel, but the Printer Assistant handles scanning quite well.

So, no need for me to install HP Scan Extended, but thanks for making me aware of it. 

I'd say that the Basic software gets the job done with a golden-oldie Vista OS, and I can definitely manage without the Full software that provides some additional Control Panel functionality.

So, Kudos and Accepted Solution have been selected!

Thanks,

Marty

HP Pavilion Vista 32-bit, OfficeJet Pro 6968

HP Recommended

Hi @MartyH,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice weekend!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.