Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One
macOS 10.14 Mojave

For the past few weeks as I'm printing, a new message in the printer status app claims "You need to install software to use this printer." And yet, I have the most current drivers and apps - and I am able to print just fine, no issues or problems.

Can't seem to find any relevant info on these boards for anywhere. And yes, I've reinstalled the drivers, printer profiles and apps, and deleted and re-added the printer... and restarted the computer multiple timers. And BTW there are no new firmware updates.

Any insight is appreciated. Thx!

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

OS version 10.14.6

HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One

Connected via wireless

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@deangwilcox

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

Since you have already tried Re-Adding the printer, try using the HP Smart app for MAC and let me know if that helps

You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06188214

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.