09-20-2019 02:14 PM
After windows 10 update I keep getting scantoactivattionapp error on my desktop
09-20-2019 03:57 PM
The update may have changed your Windows Notifications settings.
A couple of ideas...
Method - Disable ScanToPCActivationApp in Startup (Windows 10)
Paraphrased from a Solution Contributed by DavidPK
- Right-Click an empty area of the Taskbar and select Task Manager
- In the Task Manager window, click on 'More details' near the bottom left
- Select tab Start-up > Left-Click the entry ScanToPCActivationApp to highlight
- Click the 'Disable' button in the bottom right of the window.
- Close Task Manager (and other programs) > Restart the notebook and log in
Method - Switch OFF ScanToPCActivationApp Notification
- Windows key > Settings> Personalization (Background, lock screen, colors
- TaskBar > Scroll down to Notification Area > Select which icons appear on the taskbar
- Set OFF Always show all icons in the notification area (Allows notifications to be edited)
- Scroll down
- Switch OFF ScanToPCActivationApp
- If desired, Set ON Always show all icons in the notification area
Method - Printer Notifications (Recent versions of Windows)
Control Panel > icon view > Devices and Printers >
Left-Click one time on Printer > (top ribbon) Print Server Properties >
Tab Advanced > UNCHECK the following
- Show informational notifications for local printers
- Show informational notifications for network printers
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.
Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!
Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.