Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
MFP M117fw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i updated the printer to last available hp firmware and after update the printer is stuck on hp logo and energy star logo screen . i cannot reupdate also as the exe file says remove error and try again . pls help me what to do HP PLS HELP

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@AHADKHALID Peace be unto you! Welcome to HP Community!

Here're a few steps that should help resolve the issue:

1. Disconnect USB/Network/FAX and power on Standalone unit.

2. Check and remove any packaging material inside the printer and toner cartridge.

3. Try different power source.

4. Perform a power cycle by unplugging the power cord while the power is on and plug it back.

5. Perform a power drain by disconnecting the power cord from the back of the printer and keeping the power button pressed for 30 seconds and in case of a power switch keep the switch in ON position for 30 seconds before reconnecting the power chord.

6. Perform an NVRAM initialization (let me know if you need steps for this one)

7. Verify and update with the latest firmware. (click here for details)

8. Turn Off the printer for 3 min and then try turning On the unit.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi 

thank you for your reply . I have done all the suggested things already . and also rechecked on the update it's the latest by hp.

HP Recommended

pls send me nvram initialization if it's different from the suggested points I'll try that also 

ahad

HP Recommended

@AHADKHALID I suggest you check my private message for steps on performing the NVRAM reset, the instructions are designed for your specific printer and if anyone with a different model would try the steps, it may render the printer unstable, hence a private message would be the safest way of sharing this information: 

Click here to know how the private message function works.

Stand by for updates!

And have a good day.

(P.S: If anyone wants these instructions for their specific printers, please create a public post and tag me, I'll be happy to help).

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Allow me to add to the conversation.

I just had the same problem as @AHADKHALID with a HP LaserJet Pro M127fw.
Following the firmware update, the printer screen remains blocked on the HP logo.

Can you help me?
Thank you in advance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.