08-12-2017 01:31 AM
I just upgraded my laptop to a new HP on Windows 10. I have an HP laserjet 100 color MFP175a printer and I have been performing the software download to install. It goes right through the process then gets to 99% complete and says there has been a major system error and needs to be shutdown and cannot install. Please help me.
08-13-2017 01:32 PM
Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 Thanks for reaching out to us.
I came across your post and would like to help. I read that you have an HP LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP M175a printer and it does not get installed on Win10. The installation fails at 99%. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps.
To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Is the printer connected via USB or wirelessly?
NOTE: If you're going to connect the printer via USB, then do not connect it initially. Begin the installation first and later there will be a prompt to connect the printer. That's when you may connect the printer.
If the issue still persists then I suggest to uninstall any existing printer drivers from the root level and then install them again. The following steps will help:
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- You may download and install the drivers from this link.
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted. All the best! 🙂
08-13-2017 03:48 PM
Thanks for your reply. I went through the steps you outlined and it doesnt seem that the printer was listed or installed at any of those steps you put forward. I am trying the download again and will see, but are there any other thoughts you have? Thanks
08-13-2017 06:45 PM
You're welcome. I truly appreciate your efforts.
Yes, you may download and install the drivers from that link.
However, if the issue persists then try installing the basic printer drivers from this link.
Finally, if nothing works, you may try installing the inbuilt printer drivers in Windows: http://hp.care/2nxKJv8. Please refer to the steps mentioned under "Step 3: Install the print driver with the Add a Printer wizard" depending on the connection type.
I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂