11-18-2019 07:28 PM
trying to update my firmware on my HP Envy 4504 printer. The printer itself is gong out and downloading the updater but I get an error on the printer screen saying the update was "unsuccessful".
Next I downloaded the newest firmware updater to my PC running Windows 10 , latest OS and when I run the app 1828A i can see on my printer screen the various stages of the install 12345, at the end 5 "verifying" I get the error:
Can anyone help??
11-21-2019 04:24 PM
@JRL011, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Try the steps below to resolve the issue-
Hard reset the printer
- Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed
Now try to update the printer firmware.
If the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.
Hope this helps!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
11-26-2019 11:02 AM
Sorry for the late response and thank you for the information. Unfortunately this did not work.
As far as having HP support I am out of warranty and I did get a message saying HP will not be supporting this model any longer??
BTW every time I get a failed installation error I get a Device Update Report print out which I cannot decipher and would be great if some "expert" could help.
12-02-2019 06:46 PM
This might need remote access of the computer to fix this issue.
I request you to talk to HP support.
They might have multiple options to help you with this.
- Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
- Select the country.
- Enter the serial of your device.
- Select the country from the drop-down.
- Click on "Show Options".
- Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee