Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The update, " HP - Printer - 6/9/2016 12:00:00 AM - 17.59.0.6180"  won't go away and won't install.  

I repeatedly get this notification of the impending update, but I'm unable to install it 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@powrus

Thank you for replying to my post on the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

Regards,

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@powrus

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that unable to install the printer update. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• When did this issue start?
  • Did you do any hardware or software changes?
  • How is the printer connected to computer, wired or wireless?
  • How are you trying to install the update?

Meanwhile

Perform a power reset

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  6. Turn on the printer.

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The reason for my post regarding this specific update is that this problem is nothing new.  I hoped some resolutiion had been made since the last part of 2017, but apparently not.  Since this forum may not be the place to address this issue, I respectfully thank any respondants for their feedback but will look back to MS for some sort of resolution.

Please check Update

HP Recommended

@powrus

Thank you for replying to my post on the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

Regards,

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you for that reply. I will look forward to hearing more about this issue.
HP Recommended

The recommended steps didn't work. 

Have tried this many times now from Windows Update with exactly the same outcome. It says 'preparing to install', 'Creating a restore point'. 'Installing...'. Then it fails with 'Code 800705B2 unknown error' . When I look for help it says 0 results found. 

HP Recommended

The recommended steps didn't work. 

Have tried this many times now from Windows Update with exactly the same outcome. It says 'preparing to install', 'Creating a restore point'. 'Installing...'. Then it fails with 'Code 800705B2 unknown error' . When I look for help it says 0 results found. 

Note: I've had the issue for a week or so. It started after I updated all my HP devices using the HP Support Assistant. Everything is and was working fine inclding my printer from W7 and W10 devices.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with a different HP printer/driver. A search of the internet shows many are searching for a solution to this.

I am an HP retiree with a software/systems background. Happy to have the appropriate team contact me to help troubleshoot if needed.

HP Recommended

How many with driver availability and function issues, have let their HP warranty expire?  Tons of us are having this issue now after the latest Windows 10 update, and yet HP is doing seemingly nothing to help(?).  I question whether or not paying for another extended warranty, will provide access to proper functionality?  Some call that blackmail, some ransom, .....????

HP Recommended

@AJ12121

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.