Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

what is error code and how do i repair - hp printer error code 0x6100004a

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@K1-_1 

Hello,

Error code 0x6100004a is often associated with a paper jam.
In order to resolve this issue, please follow the instructions on the HP link A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays.

What is the exact model of your printer (example: CB747A)?

To locate this Product Number P/N: this document.

What operating system are you under? (e.g. Windows 10 or macOS 10.14)

Don't hesitate to ask us if you need us.

Best regards, 🙂

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

We have the same error code but no paper in the printer checked multiple times for it.....error keeps coming up??

HP Recommended

Hi @Raynman12

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Which model printer do you use?

0x error refers to a hardware issue in the printer. Most likely, a paper jam or print carriage jam or printhead related issues. kindly refer to this document for more info on 0x errors.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.