Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2652 (2600 AOI)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I see this problem has been addresed at least once already>  I just purchased this printer and also fail to find an activation code.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@wh55, It's great to hear from you again.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

I understand your concern but it's by design so can't help you much on that.

You just have to enable and disable web services to get the printer claim code.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hey there! @wh55, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand you would like to get the claim code for your new printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Does the issue persist when you make a copy from your printer?

As you mentioned you would like to get the claim code for your new printer.

Turn on Web Services

1. Turning on Web Services from the printer control panel or the Embedded Web Server (EWS) allows your printer to communicate securely over the Internet with HP Connected printing services, such as HP ePrint. Read the section that matches your printer control panel type for steps to turn on Web Services.

Use the Embedded Web Server (EWS) to turn on Web Services for printers that do not have a touchscreen or LCD display.

Make sure your printer firmware is up-to-date.

To update the printer firmware, go to HP Customer Support. Type your printer model, and then search for the document on updating the firmware for your printer.

2.  Print a Network Configuration or self-test page to obtain the printer IP address needed to view the EWS webpage.

For instructions on printing a Network Configuration or self-test page, go to HP Customer Support. Type your printer model, and then search for the document to "print a configuration page" or "print a self-test page," depending on your printer model.

3. Find the printer IP address on the Network Configuration or self-test page.

On your computer, open an Internet browser.

5.Type the printer IP address in the browser address bar, and then press Enter.

   note:

Make sure to type the IP address into the Internet browser's address box. If typed into a toolbar search box or search engine, the Embedded Web Server (EWS) does not open.

6.If a website security certificate displays in the Internet browser, click Continue.

The EWS information page for the printer opens, which confirms that the printer is on the same network as the computer.

7.On the EWS webpage, click the tab.

•, your printer does not support HP ePrint.

•, click Continue, Turn On, or Enable, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

, Web Services is already on.

Click Print Info Page under, and then continue to the next step.

Refer this article to know more information about Getting the Printer Claim Code.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm sorry is it just me?  The response to get a claim code for  "bonus software" seems to be a bit complicated.  Why isn't there just a code in the printer box?  Or better yet when you register the printer with HP a code is sent to the registered email address?  I'll give this "fix" a shot and let all know if that resolved the "no code" issue.  Thanks

HP Recommended

@wh55, It's great to hear from you again.

I understand your concern but it's by design so can't help you much on that.

You just have to enable and disable web services to get the printer claim code.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care!

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Here we are three /four days since getting the "solution" to get a printer claim code.  I finally figured out how to get that done and have activated my printer using HP connected.  I guess however that my initial inquiry was not clear.  I want the bonus software for the printer and for that an activation code is required.  It is not the same as the code from hpeprint.  So where does one get that from.  Please tell me it is an easier process than the printer claim code.

HP Recommended

@wh55, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I'm glad to know you figured out on getting the claim code for your printer.

As you mentioned you need to know how to get the activation code for the printer bonus software.

I'm sorry I did not understand your query. Can you please be a bit brief about your query.

HP does not ship any bonus software with the printer. You can contact HP phone support and get assistance.

Link to contact HP.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

MrRobot,

I appreciate your response.  Actually found a different way to get the printer claim code than the instructions you gave.  Wish I had kept track.  It would make it easier for other "newbies".  Anyhow, I amtrying to get the activation code for the printer bonus software that "comes" with the purchase of this printer.  The software is apparently through novadevelopement.  The instructions are as follows:

go to novadevelopement.com/hp/PAProjects2

enter your activation code,printer serial number & email address & click continue.  without the activation code you cannot click continue without receiving an error message.  This is the code I am seeking.  

Thanks for your help to this point.

HP Recommended

@wh55, Thanks for your prompt response and time.

As you mentioned you need activation code for nova development software.

As far as i know HP does not ship any third party software along with their printers.

You have to contact nova development software support or the place you purchased this printer for more assistance.

If you have purchased the printer directly from HP, Please contact HP phone support and get assistance.

Link to contact HP.

Have a great day ahead!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

MrRobot, you are correct that there is no "bonus software" with the printer.  I would suggest however, that since it is being marketed (bonus software) in an HP product box then HP should have its partner (Nova Developement) provide the code at purchase/registration or explain where/how to get the activation code!  Lots lessconfusion that way!

Regards,  I'm off to contact nova

Wayne

HP Recommended

@wh55, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned this software came along with the printer.

I would suggest you first contact NOVA support and check for more information.

If you have you have issues getting any information from NOVA support. Please contact HP sales team and get the information.

Link to contact HP.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.