Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
officejet 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer had a reinstall of Windows 10 including new partitioning.

They also added 4 different users and installed many of my files numerous times in the different users. And the same files within themselves.   I used Wise duplicate finder and have removed, so far, about 80k files. Needless to say, I will not allow them to touch my computer again .

I reinstalled the printer from disk and updated the drivers. The printer is a wireless connection, the deskktop is ehternet.

It is working perfectly.

About a dozen applications are now in "downloads". This includes OJ8600 Full Web Pack 28.0.1315_2   I don't know if they should be left there or moved or removed. If they should be moved would it be to program files or program files x 86 or elsewhere?  What is the process for moving them? Thank you for any assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@pR7qBUsJAHe9

You could delete the download printer files. Since the printer is already installed on your notebook and is already available in C Drive. If you wish to reinstall printer in future, you will have to download the drivers from HP Website. 

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@pR7qBUsJAHe9

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, you're in need of support, 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

Are you able to print from your PC? 

You could uninstall printer drivers from root level and reinstall them: 

• Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP OfficeJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

To reinstall, click here.

Hope this helps,

Cheers 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you taking the time to respond.

the printer is working perfectly.

the question is where on the computer do application files belong. the Hp application is currently sitting in  "downloads"

should it be  moved?

HP Recommended

@pR7qBUsJAHe9

You could delete the download printer files. Since the printer is already installed on your notebook and is already available in C Drive. If you wish to reinstall printer in future, you will have to download the drivers from HP Website. 

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

HP Recommended

thank you for your help and patience

HP Recommended

@pR7qBUsJAHe9

You're welcome 🙂

If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us 🙂

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂  

Cheers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.