Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have run this program and nothing seems to happen.  Upon execution there is a flash and then nothing.  I am running Windows 8.1 on Toshiba Satellite and trying to install HP Deskjet F4580 so I can scan multipage docs to PDF like I was doing on old HP Pavillion runnning Windows 7.  Any help would be extremely valuable.

HP Recommended
I don't know how to "Refresh Windows" or make Installation of the HP printer the first application:(
HP Recommended

I downloaded the file, but when I try to open it it will not open.   The file is in my downloaded folder.

The file is an .exe file and not a zipped file when it downloads.

HP Recommended

Joe Sabeh you are a genius.Thank you very much the Printer Assistant works with the download "file association update" properly.  All of a sudden the Printer Assistant stopped opening.  They should give you the Noble.

I wish you all the best from Italy

Ebi

HP Recommended

Worked for me. HP Printer Assistant opens as it should. Thank you.

HP Recommended

I tried that code and I would not work straight from the desktop. Then I opened Regedit and tried to import it and Regedit said one or more lines were not valid. Printer Assistant is turning into an enigma and I wish HP would stop saying it is included when you buy an HP printer. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.