Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 3632
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows 10 creator update, I get the error when install driver,

same if I install the print on wi-fi with IP

PrinterError.png

PrinterError2.png

I think that is a Creator Update version related, with anniversary update it works fine, anyone with the same problem?

thank U

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Marcus76

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand you seem to be having difficulties with the windows 10 creator's update as it isn't installing the drivers for your hp 3632 printer,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you deleted the drivers and attempted to reinstall them?

Did you attempt installing the windows built-in drivers?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you can do:

I recommend you delete the driver at the root level and retry, follow the steps below: 

In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok 

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

And then install the drivers using the instructions on this link: Click here

Keep me posted, 

If the information I've provided was helpful,  

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,  

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers! 

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Marcus76

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand you seem to be having difficulties with the windows 10 creator's update as it isn't installing the drivers for your hp 3632 printer,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you deleted the drivers and attempted to reinstall them?

Did you attempt installing the windows built-in drivers?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you can do:

I recommend you delete the driver at the root level and retry, follow the steps below: 

In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok 

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

And then install the drivers using the instructions on this link: Click here

Keep me posted, 

If the information I've provided was helpful,  

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,  

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers! 

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I send my surfacde pro 4 to repair for haredware issues, but the printer on other pc works fine.

probably the surface will be resetted and will install the printer on a brend new windows creator

My advice is to setup the driver , for this 3632 model, always before plug it to the PC.

This time I plug it to PC without setup the driver and built-in deriver for windows by hp have sort of issues.

I will try your solution next time

HP Recommended

@Marcus76

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for. 

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,  

mark my post as Accepted Solution. 

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am glad you solved your problem, but its July now and further Windows 10 updates have disabled my deskjet 1100 printer.  So I followed the instructions above and all I got as a result was "driver unavailable".  I have done a separate post on this subject but I am still awaiting an answer the subject of which I am now going to elaborate in that post, because I am frankly fed up.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem as @Marcus76 installing an HP ENVY 7640 all-in-one.  I had to replace the hard disk in my PC, and after reinstalling the system (Win 10), I could not complete the wireless installation of the printer.  I kept getting the message that I could not install a kernel-mode printer driver or one that said the printer driver is not compatible with a policy that blocks nt 4.0.  After trying to install numerous times and looking all over the Internet for solutions or workarounds, I happened on the solution provided by @Riddle_Decipher.  I went through the first part of his solution to completely remove all instances of an HP printer, but at that point I did not install the Windows built-in driver.  Instead, I installed the HP full-featured driver, exactly the one I had been trying to install all along.  And It worked.  Not sure why, but I am relieved and happy.  Thanks, @R_D.  I was at my wits' end.

HP Recommended

I followed the remove driver directions.  Then went to install the printer.  It found the device but came up with the Driver is Unavailable.  This is a new HP Notebook. 

HP Recommended

I had a similar problem.  I am not the only one and cannot understand why hp are not taking this seriously enough. I spent 3  hours online with Microsoft.  First they did an sfc scannow which showed no problems. In the end they downloaded The Media Creation Tool, which took about an hour and does not wipe out any of your settings.  They said they were downloading the latest version of win 10 for me, but once it was downloaded, it was exactly the same version I had.  In any case, that solved the problem for me.  I dont know if Microsoft found a bug in creators update and silently corrected it, or whether the original update on my machine was faulty.  All I know for certain is that my HP device was the only one that did not work. And many others have had the same problem.

It may be worth your while downloading the media creation tool for win 10 and see if this does the trick in resetting your PC.  I dont quite understand it, but this is different to a refresh.  Nothing needs reinstalling.  You just need patience as it takes some time.  Alternatively book a phone session with Microsoft.  Good luck.

HP Recommended

Hi, @Shorty_1.  It sounds very similar to what I was seeing.  Maybe try this: remove the driver, then remove the printer from device manager, and remove the printer from Printers & Scanners in Settings.  In device manager, also be sure to check under the Other Devices section.  Once everything is totally removed, then go to Settings and add the printer.  This is what worked for me.  Good luck.

HP Recommended

I think it is ridiculous that I have to find a workaround to make my printer work. HP needs to make a new printer driver that works out of the box. I found information online dating back to 2005 stating that NT 4.0 is not compliant, which seems like more than a reasonable time for HP to create a new kernel that meets today's standards. I almost about pulled my hair out and threw out this printer and hp instant ink over this issue (RANT OVER)

THANK YOU Riddle_Decipher

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.