Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

cAN ANYONE HELP ME - i HAVE AN HP PHOTOSMART1215 PRINTER.  yES ITS A BIT OLD BUT IT WAS IN THE BOX FOR 2 YEARS BEFORE i COULD USE IT DUE TO ILLNNESS

HP are not providing a windows 7 driver for my printer and cannot offer any advice except get another printer.  I do not want to create more landfill, my printer is working perfectly.  this is not environmentally friendly.  has anyone found a way round it please.

pauline mclaughlin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please see this forum link below (second posting). I used this method for my HP Photosmart 1115 for which there were no Windows 7 drivers either, and my 1115 works fine except for the card reader (which I don't care about). All print functions work perfectly.

Hopefully, it will work for your 1215.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows-7-Beta-and-test/need-driver-for-HP-Photosmart-1115-printer-for-...

I used a parallel cable instead of the USB cable. Just follow the instructions if you use a USB cable to connect your printer to your computer.

Paul

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please see this forum link below (second posting). I used this method for my HP Photosmart 1115 for which there were no Windows 7 drivers either, and my 1115 works fine except for the card reader (which I don't care about). All print functions work perfectly.

Hopefully, it will work for your 1215.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows-7-Beta-and-test/need-driver-for-HP-Photosmart-1115-printer-for-...

I used a parallel cable instead of the USB cable. Just follow the instructions if you use a USB cable to connect your printer to your computer.

Paul

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your advice, it has workmed perfectly.  Why couldnt HP tell me the same.  All they could say was to get a new printer - unacceptable in this age of environment awareness - no need to add to the landfill.  Thanks again.  PMack

HP Recommended

Thank you!  Thank you!

It took me two minutes to set up my 1215. It works great!

HP Recommended

I tried, but I cannot get the 1215 to be recognized as a printer.  Any ideas??

HP Recommended

Hi Pauline,

There is no Photosmart 1215 driver but you can get it to work with windows7 by following this guide

first connect your 1215 via USB cable and power on

Windows 7 will tell you theres an error with your install

now go to control panel Printers

Add a Printer with the Add Printer function

Add a local Printer then hit next

Pick the top box and scroll until you reach USB 001

then hit next

Now type hewlitt Packard, and go next

it will give you a choice of hewlitt Packard Printers choose the Photosmart D7200

Windows will install driver

now go to 1215 and change settings-Driver- to the D7200 you will now have your printer set at default for the time being

But it will Print Pictures and Documents

HP Recommended

thanks got it working , test page printed no problem, no reason to throw away a good printer just because i changed operating system

JB

HP Recommended

i did step by step what magicglen said and i was able to get it to work, its alot better than what i was doing, when i wanted  to use the printer i would restart and run in XP, much easier now

JB

HP Recommended

exactly what i thought, why should i throw away a perfectly good printer, just because i changed operating systems, i told them i was going to build my own **bleep** driver if i couldn't if i couldn't find a workaround just to keep from having to throw it away

JB

HP Recommended

add printer and say no to search online

now tell the pc to search from list

choose HP and then select D7200

let pc install Printer Driver to Virtual USB001

voila yur HP1215 will now print simples

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.