05-16-2018 03:12 PM
Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums.
MKazi is at your service.
I understand that you have an HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer and it does not print. A message appears saying that the printer is busy. Not to worry, I'll be glad to assist you with this case.
To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this:
- Is the printer connected via USB or wirelessly?
- Did any software changes or updates happen on the printer?
- Is the printer able to make a photocopy successfully? If yes then it indicates that the printer and ink cartridges are all fine.
While you respond to that. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
- Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
- Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON
Confirm you are using AirPrint by adding the printer in System Preferences.
Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
Figure : Example of the Printers & Scanners window
Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, and then do one of the following steps.
If your printer is listed, remove and re-add the printer to confirm it is set up for AirPrint. Click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer, click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name and then continue to the next step.
If your printer is not listed, click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, and then continue to the next step.
If your printer is not listed in the Add Printer or Scanner window, go to the Frequently asked questions in this document to resolve connection issues, try to add the printer again, and then continue to the next step.
Confirm AirPrint or Secure AirPrint displays in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add.
Figure : AirPrint displays in the Use menu
Open a document or photo, click File, and then click Print.
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted for further assistance.
All the best! :)