Jsg777- Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

won't printer after instant ink canceled

Envy 4500

My printer won't let me printer out my paper. I canceled my instant ink back in june, Its now late September. I don't have any instant ink cartridge, I replaced it with a new non instant ink cartridge. How do I make it work? I turned the wifi to off but i still get a message saying that I can't print anymore. Help!

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20070 20021 1313 2088
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

won't printer after instant ink canceled

@Jsg777-,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. 

As I understand your instant ink is stopping the printer from working,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Why do you want to cancel the Instant ink program? 

Have you got a confirmation email regarding cancellation of Instant Ink?

Have you tried to go back to HP Instant Print Page, re-enroll and then cancel my printer (same printer) again and check if that helps.

After cancellation, you will still be able to use the service until just before your billing cycle ends which is perhaps why you are still being prompted to connect.

If you do still have your instant ink cartridges inserted, you could try removing them and replacing them with normal cartridges to see if that helps.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to turn off web services and then restart the printer and then start using regular Ink cartridges, which should definitely help in resolving this issue.

Here's the steps for Turning of Web services on HP printer.

As mentioned you could go ahead and restart the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

Remove all the ink cartridges and then try to perform a hard reset on the printer.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test page and check if it works.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation