Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
107w

I have a m118dw - printing via 9100 works

mfp m282nw - printing via 9100 works

107w doesn't work

Should the 107w work? I can connect on port 9100 but nothing comes out of the printer when we test

Oh and the website says: This product is no longer serviced by HP. You may search for possible solutions on this support website. 

Despite it having 13 months warranty.

Tried contacting the US help via chat - they couldn't help me because... and I quote... Drivers are different in different regions.

They didn't grasp that 9100 is literally driverless printing.....

All in all not a great experience.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The Laserjet Pro M282 or M118 printers support the PCL 6 or PostScript printing language interfaces, such a device would allow a direct processing by a printer as you describe, and have much more internal resources to manage and interrupt a print job.

Lower-end printers as the 107w uses Host-Based or SPL printing language are more limited and uses a driver to manage a print job, the printer is more limited and cannot manage and interrupt such print commands on its own, the printer job is managed and processed by the print driver on the computer, and therefore the difference, your printer is not capable of such and is much more limited, comparing to the other models you mention.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

The Laserjet Pro M282 or M118 printers support the PCL 6 or PostScript printing language interfaces, such a device would allow a direct processing by a printer as you describe, and have much more internal resources to manage and interrupt a print job.

Lower-end printers as the 107w uses Host-Based or SPL printing language are more limited and uses a driver to manage a print job, the printer is more limited and cannot manage and interrupt such print commands on its own, the printer job is managed and processed by the print driver on the computer, and therefore the difference, your printer is not capable of such and is much more limited, comparing to the other models you mention.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thanks @shlomil

Can I ask for your further input?

The M118 has been discontinued in the UK is there another model you'd recommend - we're on a budget but do need the 9100 raw printing

HP Recommended

Sure @mb450 , you are much welcome!

The M203dw would be the cheapest model to meet such capabilities in the UK, any other model I can see would be more limited to allow driver-less printing:

https://www.hp.com/gb-en/shop/product.aspx?id=G3Q47A&opt=B19&sel=PRN

Hope that helps,

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.