Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
MFP m277dw
Linux

I have an m277dw color laser printer that has developed a 3 inch fade of the cyan part. If a page is green, 3 inches of it becomes yellow. I'm using Linux but the effect persists if I copy a page without a desktop. I've tried replacing the toner a couple times with no help. I've tried using the printer cleaner function. I've tried specialized printer cleaner sheets. Nothing has changed. This printer was in a room where there were smokers. But only one color seems to be affected. How do I clean the optics or perform the necessary repair to my printer. The guides were not helpful. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Here is an example print

this should be green.jpg

HP Recommended

Can you post a sample?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

The 2nd post on this thread shows how the image is being printed as yellow on the right edge. I await your instructions on how to rectify this.

HP Recommended

Cleaning the optics requires almost complete disassembly of the device. There are websites that have service manuals available, but keep in mind that cleaning the scanners is not going to be included in there but you will see how to take the printer apart. The optic assemblies (laser scanners are considered sealed units and therefore HP does not publish this type of instructions. It is odd that only the cyan has been affected. Usually yellow suffers the most from these type of problems.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.