Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been trying to set up my new printer and it's refusing to accept the password it keeps printing on the Network Configuration Page. Everything I can find says to enter the 12345678 password that's showing up on the printed info sheet, but it keeps saying it's incorrect and won't even let me view the troubleshooting page because it keeps popping up requiring the password! 

Also: I tried registering the printer on the HP website to see if that might help, and it says the serial number (also on the same printed sheet as the password) is not a valid serial number!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Vitrushka

Welcome to the HP support community.

Are you trying to connect the computer to the printer's WiFi direct?

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried connecting via wi-fi, bluetooth, and the cord directly into the computer. Nothing is working to print things, BUT I'm able to print the alignment sheet and info page from the computer with no problem! When I try to print anything else, it says the document is waiting in the cue and the printer is unavailable. When I check the printer, it says it's available but idle. I've run troubleshooting and it says it can't identify the problem. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, all with no luck except printing things directly associated with the printer. I can't get any further on the website either, because it won't accept the password that the printer keeps spitting out on the info sheet. I've wasted so much ink and paper printing info sheets and trying to access the darn printer that my brand new ink cartridges are halfway empty already just from trying to set the thing up! Everything it's printed says it's available, connected to the network, gives the network name and the printer name, says there's no problems, etc. I just can't understand why it won't work to print anything but diagnostic and info pages.

HP Recommended

@Vitrushka

Provide the complete printer model or product number for further assistance.

Here is the link to find the printer model number:- Click here

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.