Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 7730
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After changing my ISP I get "The feature has been locked by the person who set up the printer" when I try to connect to Wireless.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi@Pablogoofy1,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Try this following document Step 1 

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04608548

Try these steps 2 to re-install the printer driver - 

1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".

2. Look for HP Printer software.

3. Right-click to uninstall.

4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.

5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.

6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).

8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.

9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.

10. Select Ok.

11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.

12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.

13. Restart the computer.

14. Download and install the software and drivers from here.

15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Step 1 link is broken as it points to "connect%20to%20a%20wireless%20hp%20printer/"

Step 2 doesn't help as the printer is the one that doesn't want to connect to the Wifi not the workstation.

Step 2 The latest printer driver points to  HP Deskjet2630 when my Printer is a OfficeJet Pro 7730.

I believe the steps to reset the printer would help a lot more.

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

@Pablogoofy1,

Let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till the warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

The next thing, I would suggest here is to perform printer to the original network settings

1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ).

2. Touch Network Setup.

3. Touch Restore Network Settings. A message appears stating that the network defaults will be restored.

4. Touch Yes.

5. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

NOTE: When you reset the printer network settings, previously configured wireless and Ethernet settings (such as the link speed or IP address) are removed. The IP address is set back to the Automatic mode.

For further details, please follow the user guide for this printer.

  

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

  

Have a great day ahead! 

HP Recommended

Finnaly I have the printer at hand and was able to go through the process and I can confirm that the Restore Network Settings is protected with a padlock and would not open.

it states :

This feature was loked up by the person who setup this printer.

HP Recommended

Can you help me please?

HP Recommended

Hi@Pablogoofy1,

Thanks for taking an interest in the  HP Support Community!! After reading your post I see you want to connect the printer to the new router. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

Click here to find WPS password of your new router.

• Make sure you know your network name and your security password is handy.
  • On the printer's control panel, go to the Network menu or touch the wireless icon and then go to settings. Select Wireless Setup Wizard. The Wireless Setup Wizard displays a list of wireless networks in the area.
  • Settings may be accessed by touching a wrench icon.
  • Select your wireless network's name from the list.
  • If you don't see your wireless network listed, you can enter your network name manually by scrolling to the bottom of the list. If you enter the name manually it must be exact, including upper and lower case characters.
  • Enter your WEP key or WPA passphrase. You must enter the key or passphrase exactly, including upper and lower case characters. Your printer should connect to your wireless network. If it does not connect, you are given the opportunity to print a Wireless Network Test report that will help you find out what may be wrong.

Follow the steps mentioned under HP Wireless Setup Wizard in the document.

Let me know how it goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Select Wireless Setup Wizard is greyed out and it has a LOCKED  PADLOCK.

I can't select that option.

HP Recommended

Hi@Pablogoofy1,

1) Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.  

2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent. 

3) With the printer turned on, unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.  

3) Wait for 60 seconds.   

4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector.  

5) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on. 

HP Recommended

I have followed the instructions carefully.

The padlock is still there.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.