Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
hp 6100 officejet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone, I recovered this printer from my company that was scrapping it. It is connected to the network, however, both with the hp drivers and with the standard windows drivers, it is not possible to print front and back automatically. Duplex printing is not specified in the printer manual. Can I print front and back automatically or not? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Lucabis 

Let's say "Not".

No automatic two-sided printing.

Unfortunately, re-asking the question in different threads is not getting you what you want.

As you say, nothing in the Specs or User Guide mentions support for automatic duplex / 2-sided printing.

HP Officejet 6100 series all-in-one - (English) Reference Guide

Printer Specifications for HP Officejet 6100 Printer Series

Yeah, but!

This is an 18 year old printer - three models of the HP OfficeJet 6110 were  introduced in 2002.

That the printer works at all is nice - that it lacks the amenities of newer printer technology is expected.

Stay Safe.

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Officejet 6100 All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply. However, the fact that it is an old printer means nothing. I own a 970cxi ho is double-sided printing automatically. A printer that was born for the office that does not print on both sides is a bit of a contradiction.
However I understand, it will be scrapped.
Thanks
HP Recommended

@Lucabis 

You are welcome.

True - there are different models within the series.

There are three models of the Officejet 6100 printer plus an Officejet 6100 ePrinter (different printer series).

Each printer has it's own Product Number (see on the printer hardware and in the Specifications document).

If your printer series supports duplex, I guess you just ended up with a model that lacks a duplexer.

It has never been our intention to argue with you.

Answers here reflect the opinions of those who answer.

To Those Reading: 

Printer series look very different - if you do not know which printer you have, check the printer home page and other documents for illustrations of the printer hardware.

Printer options vary by model within a series.  

Details 

HP Officejet 6100 All-in-One Printer series 

NOTE:  There is no User Manual listed for this series - you might wish to search the Internet for an archive of the manual.

Standard Warning:  Be careful of Internet documents - scan with your best Security software before letting the document "loose" in your Operating System.

Printer Specifications for HP Officejet 6100 Printer Series

Model
Part number
Q1638A
6110xi
Q1639A
6110v
Q1640A

and - a newer model

HP Officejet 6100 ePrinter series - H611 

User Guide

Printer Specifications for HP Officejet 6100 ePrinters

Product Model
Printer Number
HP Officejet 6100 ePrinter - H611a
CB863A

What else?

The printer software - or perhaps lack of printer software - can impact printer behavior.

For example, 

Software and drivers for HP Officejet 6100 All-in-One Printer series 

At this writing, the user is directed to load the Windows print drivers (there is no printer software for Windows 10).

Windows print drivers typically provide basic print function, though perhaps not every option of which the printer is capable.

Software and drivers for HP Officejet 6100 ePrinter series - H611 

This series still provides Full Feature Software for the printer.  This means that those options supported by the printer hardware should be made available to the user.

Good Luck.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
Hello thanks for the answer, the printer in my possession from the photo, looks like the 6100 h611, in fact I have installed the drivers for windows 10, but I still can't figure out if you can print front and back automatically. Maybe buying the duplex. In fact, by entering the serial number for the drivers, this printer comes out.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.