cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status..
Paul_Willems
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Cannot enable web services HP8600 Officejet Pro N911A

HP Recommended
HP8600 Officejet Pro N911A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Just a satisfied customer of HP till now. Never knew that such easy problems can become so complex.

I am currently struggling in getting the latest firmware on my HP8600 Officejet Pro N911A.

Almost 1,5 day wasting time in trying to get this done. (normally an easy thing to do)

Printer information:

Product Name HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911a
Product Model Number CM749A
Product Serial Number XXXXXXXXXX
Service ID 24156
Firmware Version CKP5CN1334ER
Total Page Count 20433
Country/Region Netherlands

To install the latest firmware I read already a lot of posts and tried several possible solutions.

Everywhere I am pointed back to the eprint option which cannot be enabled at all!!

So I have reset-ted the printer via the hidden engineering menu. (OOBE reset). Without success.

The firmware I have downloaded and tried to install is the OJP8600_N911a_2011A version.

If I try to install this version the printer can be seen however the printer is greyed out and cannot be updated.

Strange enough the status is "Not applicable".

On different topic a suggestion was given by HP to modify the ini file which is present in the temp directory. I modified the setting "VerifyDownloadID=1" into "VerifyDownloadID=0" but unfortunately the update failed.

Can someone please give me the final solution to get the latest firmware installed on the printer?

Thanks in advance,

Paul Willems

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation