Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been trying to use the APPS function on my  HP 8600 Office jet Pro Printer but it will not connect to the internet to allow me to use this function. 

I was advised that I need a proxy setting to do this but my internet provider says I have to get that proxy setting from HP. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MAMMAGINT

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's remove and add web services:

To remove Web Services, complete the following steps: 1. On the printer’s control panel display, touch (HP ePrint), and then touch Settings. 2. Touch Remove Web Services.

Set up Web Services using the printer’s control panel The printer’s control panel provides an easy way to set up and manage Web Services. To set up Web Services, complete the following steps: 1. Make sure the printer is connected to the Internet. 2. On the printer control panel, touch (Apps) or (HP ePrint). 3. Touch Accept to accept the Web Services terms of use and enable Web Services. 4. In the Auto Update screen, touch Yes to allow the printer to automatically check for and install product updates. 5. If your network uses proxy settings when connecting to the Internet, enter these settings: a. Touch Enter Proxy. b. Enter the proxy server settings, and then touch Done. 6. Follow the instructions on the Web Services information sheet to finish the setup.

Let me know if this helps.

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.