cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status.
snowshed
Level 3
43 12 0 2
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Color Laserjet MFP M 277dw will not print from Mac 10.14 Mojave

HP Recommended
Color Laserjet MFP M 277dw30
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I"m trying to help a friend who has this printer, and it no longer will print.

A quick history:

My friend's computer came with Mojave, and the printer worked just fine.  Then one of her sons decided to upgrade the system to Big Sur without asking.  She was not happy.  She wanted me to put it back to Mojave, but I'd read that wasn't that easy to do, and recommended against it.  And it is above my pay grade.  <G>+  Against my advice, she found someone who claimed they could do it, and had it done. I guess the results were not pretty, and she took it to a local computer shop and a few things got fixed.  Using Teamviewer I help fix a few others, plus showing her how to do things on the computer she'd never learned, and some I had to repeat.

But now it won't print.

AFAIK, there is nothing wrong with the printer, as 2 Windows computers in the house print to it just fine.

Again, using Teamviewer, I logged in to her computer, and she showed me as best she could what was happening.  The system was set to use Secure AirPrint.  But every time, the printer would report the file was corrupt.  Even a test page would not print.

After a couple failed attempts, such as creating a PDF and printing, I changed the system to print via the printerer.  The driver downloaded successfully, and installed itself.  Documents would still not print.  They show up in the queue and disappear, but no printer output.  However, printing a test page now works.

So, what should I look for, and  where is it?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation