Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet P1102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer is HP Laserjet P1102w. Message continues: The printer was unable to communicate with any wireless router or access point.

Printer is fully set up and functioning through direct USB connection. I have downloaded the most recent software/driver.  I have reset it to default settings as well. I have tried Wireless Configuration utility using both manual and automatic network search. It sees the network but cannot acquire it. Blue light blinks but never goes steady.

Unhelpful resources: HP Smart App. User Guide, call HP but impossible to get a human being, Youtube and google. Time invested: Over 4 hours. Status of Printer- Will  be trashed by me unless there is something simple I am missing. Effective HP Support being nonexistent.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please restore the network settings first:

ShlomiL_0-1610992745067.png

Make sure the USB is not connected, click on Start > Devices > Printers & Scanners, if you see your printer there be sure to remove it (Remove Device).

Next, download the latest software and run it:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL32431/bi-80329-12/hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-...

Browse to C:\LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution and double-click HpSetup.exe to launch the installation.

Follow the steps to install the printer wirelessly, be sure not to connect the USB prior the installation ask to do so.

Please let me know if that helps,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for trying to help. These are the steps that I followed already. They did not work. I went through it all again after your comments, but stopped during the re-installation when I realized it would NOT take me through wireless but only refers me to the User Guide, which is where I already went.

I have another printer just like this and it worked so this printer must be defective though it works connected.

One question: During default reset, the blinking lights are red and green but no blinking blue light (wireless). Does that mean anything?

Sooooo frustrating but cannot devote my life to trying to get this to work. It should be without so much trouble sinvce it sees my network but will not acquire it. What reasons would be that it won"t?

Thank you,

Martha 

HP Recommended

Something finally worked just when I was giving up! I cannot reconstruct with all the things that have been and I have no idea why. But thank you!

Martha

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.