Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Deskjet F4120
iOS

I have a Deskjet F4120 connected to my router using a USB connection. I can see the printer using my network management app, and the router knows it is connected. I have the HP Smart app on my iPad, but that can’t see the printer. To make matter worse, my iPad can’t see the “HP-Setup” network either. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

That printer model is too old for an HP Spart app to support that's why you can't see the printer, but it's visible in the network management app.

You can find the list of supported printers here.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response.

I did wonder if it was too old, but I checked the list of printers that are supported before I started, and it is on the list. 🤷‍♂️

I guess I need to give it another go before giving up completely.

HP Recommended

I have just double check the list and there is no F4120 supported I can't find it.

You have Deskjet Plus 4120 that's new model, and F45XX series but not F4120.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.