Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4502
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just changed to Google Nest WiFi. Google Wifi has the same SSID for both 2,4 and 5 GHZ and cant be split. My HP ENVY 4502 will not connect to this network. 

First I try to reset the printer wifi to default and install as normal but can't connect.  Says that mac filtering may be on at the wifi, but there is no filtering. 

After this, I try my old network and it works without any problems.

I try to have my old network (2,4 GHZ) with the same SSID and Password as the new network. The printer connects without problems to the old network but will not connect to Google WiFi when switching this on and the old one-off.

I also try to configure via USB cable to the printer with the same result.

I hope some can help to have my printer connected to my Google WiFi.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Kim255,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Thanks for taking an interest in the  HP Support Community!! After reading your post I see you want to connect the printer to the new router. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

Click here to find WPS password of your new router.

• Make sure you know your network name and your security password is handy.
  • On the printer's control panel, go to the Network menu or touch the wireless icon and then go to settings. Select Wireless Setup Wizard. The Wireless Setup Wizard displays a list of wireless networks in the area.
  • Settings may be accessed by touching a wrench icon.
  • Select your wireless network's name from the list.
  • If you don't see your wireless network listed, you can enter your network name manually by scrolling to the bottom of the list. If you enter the name manually it must be exact, including upper and lower case characters.
  • Enter your WEP key or WPA passphrase. You must enter the key or passphrase exactly, including upper and lower case characters. Your printer should connect to your wireless network. If it does not connect, you are given the opportunity to print a Wireless Network Test report that will help you find out what may be wrong.

Follow the steps mentioned under HP Wireless Setup Wizard in the document.

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.