Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP 8210
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to set up a wired 8210 (without using wifi) on my network. It had been on a wifi network with a different router that is gone. I pressed the factory reset button.

Now, with the wifi turned off, the printer shows: offline, 0.0.0.0 and internet not applicable. Under 802.3 Wired it states "This capability was disabled when the device was set up"

The printer is plugged into the router directly via ethernet cable.

I downloaded OJ8210_Basicx64 and installed it on my W10 computer. But it could not locate the device.

When I ran the Web Access Test Results it stated the "printer is not connected to the network"

And under solution - "connect the printer to a network using an ethernet cable"

Diagnostics just say Local Network - Fail

I have tried various ethernet cables. And various software like Print and Scan Doctor without luck.

I do not see how to assign any kind of configuration directly into the printer.

Help please

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please temporarily connect the printer with a USB cable to your computer.

From the Control Panel select Devices and Printers and double-click the USB print queue, then click on HP Smart.

Double-click the top Printer icon and select Advanced Settings.

Open the Settings tab, within the Security section select Administrator Settings and make sure that All Network / Ethernet are enabled and check for any difference.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you! I can now get into the interface. And check the ethernet box to on and apply. Still a no go as I cannot see it on the network or use the smart hp interface to find it. Also after I unplug the usb and plug in the ethernet cable it reverts back to off. Maybe a bad nic card?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.