Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer

Hi I recently got a new router. I used HP wizard on the printer to connect it online. All good there. 

I signed my computer on to the new network. All good there,

The problem when i try to connect the computer and printer it won't print. Firewall is off network sharing is on.

The problem I found is The network key on the HP smart app on my computer is still showingthe correct Network with the  the old password. How do I change that?

Thank you

Dea

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Deambly,

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query. I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing wi-fi connection and printing issues with your HP ENVY 7640 E-All-In-One Printer.

Please follow the steps listed below to connect to the wireless network.

1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch (Wireless).
2. Touch (Settings).
3. Touch Wireless Settings.
4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
5. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.

You may also refer to this document.

I hope this helps.
Take care and have a great day ahead.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.