cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status..
Brantly
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Define "Direct" in context of HP Officejet 5255 connection to Windows 10 PC

HP Recommended
Officejet 5255
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to connect a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 (3593) to an HP Officejet 5255.  The printer is connected to a different computer via USB.  I'm restricted re use of a router where I live, having to go through Spectrum and back to make my connection that way.  I have read about Direct and it sounds like what I want to use.  But I can find no way to make it work.

I've tried multiple times to locate a manual for the 5255, but have totally failed.  Has HP stopped supporting it - or have manuals just become an obsolete concept?

The one reference to "Direct" I have found says that years ago my computer could connect direct to the internet or to the printer at the same time.  If that is still the case, then I'm out of luck.

Someone help,  please.

1 REPLY 1
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
5,432 5,416 632 896
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation