Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2755
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

New Deskjet 2755.  After successfully setting up printer, it intermittently drops off line and must be unplugged from power and replugged to reset it.  Then it works ok again until the next time.  I have tried the HP Print and Scan Doctor software, but it ultimately told me to do the same thing (unplug/replug), and seemed to arrive at the conclusion this is an acceptable fix.  I don't consider it acceptable as it is a major inconvenience if some distance from the printer, and is not an option for my wife who is not technically savvy.

I have ordered a replacement printer, but would really like to fix this problem if possible.  

Assistance appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

In case anyone is interested, the fix was to simply get a replacement new printer.  The device was obviously defective as the new printer of the same model works perfectly.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

In case anyone is interested, the fix was to simply get a replacement new printer.  The device was obviously defective as the new printer of the same model works perfectly.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.