Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Deskjet plus 4155
iOS

I just opened the box for deskjet plus 4155. My OfficeJet pro 6968 stopped printing..  error messages including paper jam and others.  There was no paper jam. Tried everything. Couldn’t get it to print. Now before I unwrap everything for the 4155,  I what to make sure I’ll be able to use my internet phone service and phone.  The 6968 had two outlets in the back. One used for actual phone and the other for the internet phone service gizmo/modem (?).  The 4155 only has one outlet. How will that work?  Thanks for any insight you could share.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@TM45 

I don't know if the printer can handle an Internet phone "gizmo". 

If you are asking about "Fax", the printer does not built-in "Fax" options.

You can consider using Mobile Fax (information later in this message).

Where to find out a few things before you continue with the "unboxing"

Technology Tips Gallery  From our HP Expert greenturtle

Technology Tips – YouTube Video Help for Printers

Includes

HP DeskJet Plus 4152 | 4155 printer Unbox Setup Connect to 5Ghz Load paper Print/Scan alignment page

HP Deskjet Plus 4152 |4155 |4158 : Connect Printer to 5GHz network with HP Smart on Win 10 computer

HP Deskjet Plus 4152 |4155 |4158 : Download & Install HP Full featured Software on a Win 10 computer

and

HP DeskJet 2700, DeskJet Plus 4100 Printers - Blinking Lights

and

User Guide

and a couple of example specs

HP Smart for Windows

HP Smart is an application available in the Microsoft Store

Learn how to use HP Smart on your Windows 10 computer.

Open the Software and Drivers Support Website for your printer > Check the Box Get the App

OR

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Windows 10)

NOTES: 

• Website includes the HP Smart software for Windows and Mobile devices, plus an FAQ section to assist with questions / issues
  • Latest versions of HP Smart require that you be signed into the application

HP Smart Tasks for Windows and HP Smart Mobile

Where available, Smart Tasks can be configured for several print tasks.

• Print: Send a print job to your printer.
  • Email: Send an email message or attachments.
  • Save to: Save a file to a cloud storage account, such as Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive.

HP Printers - HP Smart: Use Smart Tasks

HP Smart – Mobile Fax – Information, Sign-up, Terms of Service

HP Smart - HP Mobile Fax

Not your home site?  Click the Flag to change to your region.

Sections of Interest include:

• FAQ > Section What does the Mobile Fax service cost? 
  • Below section FAQ > More FAQs

and

iOS_Here

Mobile Printing – Options, How-to, Help, and Information

Print from your Android, iOS, or Amazon Fire device with the HP Mobile printing app.

Read this document first - Find your printer in the list of printers and supported applications

HP Printers - Mobile Printing Solutions Compatible with HP Printers

HP Smart - iOS and Android >>> Download, How-to. Videos, and FAQ

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS)

TKB - HP Smart App: Unable to Connect Printer to Network or Complete Setup on iOS 14.2

Background: HP is aware of the unintentional impact of Apple’s iOS 14.2 release. This release currently prevents HP Smart setup customers from installing Envy, OfficeJet Pro, and Tango printers without an additional series of manual steps.

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals / User Guides, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP DeskJet Plus 4155 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Reminder:  The Community is not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks, Drangon-Fur.  I’ll use your info and keep searching.

HP Recommended

Apologies for jumping in, Mobile Fax would be the option offered for your printer indeed, it is provided with a 2-years Mobile Fax usage with no addition service fees included for the printer.

Please keep in mind that mobile Fax allow sending faxes only, not receiving faxes:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06432978

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

thanks for the suggestion. I’ll check it out

HP Recommended

@ShlomiL 

Thanks for the clarification.

I did include the information for Mobile fax - I guess it was not so visible amongst the other section headings.

Silly Dragon.  😉

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. I figured out I could just bypass the printer to hook up the internet phone, so that is working fine.  I did get the printer set up, and I’ll eventually add the mobile fax.  My problem now is that I can’t get the HP smart app onto my cell phone.  I sent the link as instructed during setup and clicked on it and found the app in the apple store, but there was not “GET” button. As if I already have the app.  No icon loaded and it is not in settings where other apps are listed.  Does anyone have any idea?  It loaded onto my iPad fine and I have an iPhone.  Those are my only devices.  Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.