cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status..
NONEYA321
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

EWS password problems AGAIN

HP Recommended
deskjet printer all-in-one series

Every time I try to go to the EWS to configure some of my advanced settings, it says I am using the wrong password. It will not let me log in. I had to call and get help from support a couple of weeks ago after buying the printer because I wasn't sure what the default password was to sign into the EWS (during the printer setup). He seemed to have helped, but the next time I tried logging in (a few days later) it has been changed. I know for sure I remember the password I used. What's funny is I set up my password while talking on the phone with a support rep and as soon as I try to login again it doesn't work? As if it's been changed! I'm a student studying for a degree in cybersecurity, and I know about the serious vulnerabilities at play here when it comes to wireless printers. TBH if you have important or secret data on your computer and don't have the knowledge to secure your entire network from the router to the os, then you should just use a printer with a USB. JMO, your network is only as secure as your least secure device that's connected to it. But anyway, back on the subject, I think something is fishy here because many people are having the same exact problem here as me. Give this post a thumbs up if this happened to you so that we can prove a point or even expose the possibility that malicious intent is behind this.

1 REPLY 1
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,719 18,696 1,532 1,507
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@NONEYA321, Welcome to HP Support Community!

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc. 

Keep me posted.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation