Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

My Envy 4504 printer has been connected wirelessly for awhile and suddenly lost the connection. I have rebooted my wireless router, restarted the printer and reset it to default factory settings without success. The printer can recognize our wireless network and I have put in the router password several times, and it attempts to connect, but the connection always fails. We have Verizon FIOS and have checked the network and it has no issues. Our other wireless devices are connected without trouble. The test results from the printer mention MAC address filtering may be enabled on the wireless router, but that is not the case.

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@LL-Envy4504

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's restore the network settings on the Printer:

1. Press the Wireless button to access the Wireless Status menu. 2. Press the button next to Settings to access the Wireless Settings menu. 3. Select Restore Defaults. 4. Confirm selection to restore defaults.

Once done, try connecting the Printer to the Wi-Fi.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello. I have a very similar situation. I have an Envy 4500 and an Envy 4501. They both worked fine on our wireless network without issue, until we upgraded our Internet. We got a new router and a new wifi name and password. All of our other devices (computers, laptops, tablets, gaming consoles, phones, googles and alexas have all been able to connect to the new wifi without any issue. Both printers cannot connect. I have reset the wireless connections to factory default. I've reset the router. The printer error on 4501 says that mac address filtering is enabled (which it isn't, and even if it is, I have added the mac address for this printer onto our allowed devices) and the printer error on the 4500 says that the printer settings are not consistent with the wireless router settings.

What can I do to get these printers on the new wifi connection? 

HP Recommended

@JacqSchuler

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

What model of Verizon router are you using?

Could you please verify the encryption type being used for the router?

What type of encryption are you being prompted to setup ? Does it show WPA-PSK+FT?

Could you try setting up using only WPA-PSK.

I work on behalf of HP
Regards,
StretchMusic

If the answer provided resolves your issue please press the thumbs up button in order to make the answer available to others.
HP Recommended

Hello StretchMusic,

Thank you so much, you have solved the problem!

The router authorization had options of WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, or Auto (WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK)

I had tried it on Auto but the printer wouldn't connect.

Today I changed it to WPA-PSK, and the printer was finally able to connect to the network!

Thanks again. For MONTHS I've been wondering about this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.