Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 4650

Out of nowhere my wife's OfficeJet 4650 began showing the error code 0xb883bfb4 and the lights are flashing on it.  The printer won't do anything, no printing, no scanning, cannot even access the menu.  I found out that i can avoid this error by turning WiFi off, but that makes the printer pretty useless to us.

I've tried:

- updating printer to latest firmware

- factory resetting printer

- updating router to latest firmware

Nothing has worked.  This all began out of nowhere too. We didn't make any kind of network or firmware changes when the problem began.  It's clearly a problem with the printer itself.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@BigRy, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you get this error when the printer is connected wirelessly. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Are you able to print fine using a USB cable?

Turn off IPv6

Use the control panel to turn off the IPv6 setting.

1. From the home screen on the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.

2. Touch Network Setup, and then touch Advanced Settings.

3. Turn off IPv6, and then touch Yes to confirm.

Now, connect the printer to the wireless network as same as the computer(if not connected yet) and try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It does print and scan with the USB cable, however it had trouble recognizing the connection to the PC.  I was able to print and scan using the hp software, but i couldn't print or scan using the buttons on the printer because it couldn't recognize any PC connected.  I kind of suspect this is a completely unrelated issue though.

Turning off ipv6 does nothing.  I already tried that before and i still get the error.

Through experimentation, it seems that the error only pops up when i try to login to a wireless network.  If i simply have Wi-Fi turned on but I'm not connected to a network, the error never appears.  Again, I've updated to the latest router firmware.  I don't know what else to do.

HP Recommended

@BigRy

If you are trying to scan from the printer screen, using the 'scan to computer option, a full-feature printer driver is required to be installed on the computer.

Do you have the software installed on the PC?

Also, kindly perform the steps mentioned on this document - https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c04760896

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can't install a full featured print driver.  I tried installing your 'HP Smart' app, but i get an error when downloading from the Windows store.  So i then tried manually installing the basic driver, but it doesn't recognize the USB connection anymore so i couldn't finish the setup.

I went through all those settings in the link: resetting network defaults, connecting via WiFi direct, assigning manual IP... None work.  Anything that gets me to the Wi-Fi connection setup for the printer will get the printer connected to the network, but then seconds later i get the error code on the screen again.  It's exactly the same as when i tried to setup wifi earlier.

So are you going to replace this piece of junk? Cause I'm getting really tired of dicking around with it and getting nowhere.  This thing was a complete waste of money and it's not even that old.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.