Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 7740

My HP Office Jet Pro 7740 is not able to join my WIFI network and causes issues with my router.  I have done partial factory resets, however, it has not fixed my issues.  Is there a method to do a full firmware factory reset?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have seen some direct replies from support with instructions.  Can anyone please send me or post the instructions?

HP Recommended

Hello, 

Restart the printer, router, and computer

Resolve any error states by restarting network-connected devices.

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer. These connection types can prevent the printer from connecting to the wireless network.

3. Disconnect the power cord from the Wi-Fi router, wait fifteen seconds, reconnect the cord, and then wait for the lights to display a connected status.

4. Restart the computer.

5. Turn on the printer.

Uninstall the HP printer software (Windows)

Uninstall HP printer software, and then remove the printer from your Devices list.

1. Disconnect the printer from the computer or network.

2. In Windows, search for and open Add or remove programs.

3. In the list of installed programs, click your HP printer name, and then click Uninstall. If your printer name does not display, select HP Smart, and then click Uninstall.

4. If a User Account Control message displays, click Yes.

5. Follow the instructions to complete the software removal, and then restart the computer.

NOTE: If the uninstall fails, use the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter (in English), and then try uninstalling again.
  6. In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.

7. Click Devices and Printers.

8. For each printer icon that represents the name of your HP printer, right-click the icon, and then click Remove Device or Uninstall device.

NOTE: If no printer icons display, the printer has already been removed.

The printer software and driver is uninstalled.

Other related HP software might remain on the system. If you do not want a particular software title, uninstall it from Add or remove programs.

JessikaV
HP Support Community Administrator

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.