Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2722 All-in-One Printer
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Find the open browser window, then sign in to your HP account.
Note: The window might be behind another open browser or minimized.

Been trying to scan a photo for two hours.

Can't sign in.

HP NOT SMART.

No support.

No answers.

1/5 stars in AppStore.

Thank you! Have a nice day.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

I am on a Mac running MacOS Monterey 12.1.  I use Chrome as my default browser.  I had the same problem.  I get to the message, spinning wheel, and no browser pops up.  I went to my instant ink account and signed in directly on Chrome.  Nothing happened. 

But this is what solved it: I went to Safari directly and opened up a search window.  I pasted the instant ink sign-in URL and went there.  I signed in to my account as normal.  The HP Smart app automatically recognized that I had signed in and my computer jumped from the Safari window over to the HP Smart app.  Problem solved.  Good luck.

HP Recommended

Had the same issue.  Only thing that solved was switching default browser on my mac to Safari and trying the entire process again.  Switched it back to Chrome right after. 

HP Recommended

Had the same Problem, and the solution was to switch off the antivirus and it worked out..

HP Recommended

Got the same problem. I use Edge as my default browser.
Just open safari then the window will pop up.

HP Recommended

This HP bloatware is utter sh1te. I can't get past the hpsmart sign-in window either. The answers here are all random and side issues, there must be something else, but all this is so unnecessary. Utter, utter rubbish.

HP Recommended

My solution was to go to the printer's IP address directly, sign in with the PIN number from the cartridge area and use the web scan feature there.

Forget this jail software you get with the printer - it's a complete load of tosh. Won't buy again.

HP Recommended

Same problem here.  I'm on macOS 12.2.1 (Monterey) and I use Safari.  HP Smart works fine on my LJP428 at my office, but I can't even log in on my LJP426 at home.  Just beachballs, as described here.

HP Easy Scan software *does* work, though.  But that's not really what should be used with this printer/MFP.

HP Recommended

I was having the same issue on Macbook M1, running Monterey 12.1. Tried updating the HP Smart app, same issue. Opening Safari finally resolved the sign in issue. But then, when I scanned my documents, the HP Smart app kept closing "unexpectedly". Honestly, this software is truly the worst. For being such a dominant tech company, HP needs to figure this 5hit out. It shouldn't take me an hour of my time to scan a two page document.

HP Recommended

The only thing I ever figured out was switching to using HP Easy Scan.  Never got HP Smart working properly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.